June 2011 wrap-up
written on Thursday, July 7, 2011
8th of July, high time for June wrap up...
I was away for a little less than two weeks in June, as I attended the Qt Contributor Summit (see report) and a Canonical Sprint.
Most of my time this month was spent on Gwenview, polishing it to be ready for the KDE SC 4.7 release. Here is the list of changes I made:
- Black screen fixes
- Thumbnails are now automatically refreshed when they are modified from a KIPI plugin or outside Gwenview. Additionally, the user can press F5 in thumbnail mode to force a thumbnail refresh.
- In the importer, the "Import all" button is now only enabled if there are documents to import.
- The crop tool got reworked:
- The widget now remains visible when zooming and scrolling
- The widget adjusts its position when the window is enlarged
- The crop side handles are always visible even when one zoom to a point where only part of the crop selection is visible
- Other smaller bug fixes...
"Common UI mistakes in KDE applications" series
I didn't write any new article for my series on common UI mistakes in KDE applications but I created a page to link them all.
I would like to add links to the page from the articles themselves but I need advice on the best way to do this without causing Planet KDE and Planet Ubuntu to repost them. Any idea?
I registered for the Desktop Summit, and will hopefully be holding a workshop there, more on this later.
Finally I did some work on Skanlite, which I use quite a lot to scan my receipts.
- Removed crosshair cursor from view scrollbars
- Added colon for property labels
- Moved checkbox labels to the right
- Proposed use of KIntNumInput and KDoubleNumInput to replace home-made widgets (not in yet)
I have other ideas for Skanlite. Time will tell if I get some of them done in July (and if Kåre, Skanlite maintainer, accepts them of course)
As usual, if you want to, you are welcome to support me.